[torontocbm] Wondering if anyone might be interested in purchasing the Briel Altair 8800micro I recently purchased?

  • From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:19:54 +0000

It works great, has the full 64k ram and two virtual drives, works perfectly.
http://www.brielcomputers.com/wordpress/?cat=18

https://flic.kr/p/twThB5 here is a picture with a 3d printed dual disk façade
with virtual disk activity indicators (just for fun) not implemented yet,
but easy to add. :)

Some links to Youtube Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0sUvz8TYk <- Jeff is in Ottawa :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyH93HAqjk <- Jeff again :) Part II

There are 5 parts in total, and they are easy to find. :)

I just ordered an Altair 8800 Clone computer from
www.altairclone.com<http://www.altairclone.com> and was thinking perhaps
someone might be interested in the Briel model?

I was thinking of letting it go for $325.00 Canadian. The unit cost me over
$389.00 U.S. with shipping and duty and taxes for both the 88micro and Ram/Disk
expansion :). ( A built unit with both 8800 and ram/drive would cost 398.00
before shipping etc). The unit is less than a month old, and I decided to go
Big with the Altair 8800 full sized Clone.

My Altair Clone should hopefully arrive later this week. I don't mind keeping
both, but I thought it might appease my wife a bit if I sold one. :)
Besides if you are interested, getting it from me locally in Canada (or
Toronto) would be easier than getting it from Briel Computers and cheaper. :) :)

Anyway food for thought... Image computing before the Commodore 64, Vic 20, or
even the Pet 2001 :)

Cheers. :)