[torontocbm] Re: Rear Admiral Tunderdrive (CMD HD)

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:45:59 -0500

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I'm usually excited about any hardware developments - but even in
> Commodore-land, this seems really old-fashioned and horrifically
> overpriced.  $600!
>
> Is there any reason to prefer this over a uIEC?
>
> Robin.

The same guy also produced the  "Rear Admiral" Lt. Kernal hard drive clone
a while back, which made more sense because several BBS programs supported
it.  I originally had them confused.   Yeah, that's a lot of money.  You
can probably buy an original CMD HD on eBay for $600.

-Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are not too few days in our life, but too little life in our days".