[torontocbm] PET microSD

  • From: Steve Gray <sjgray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TorontoCBM Freelist <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:39:59 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I wanted to let everyone know about a new card drive solution for the PET/CBM
that just became available:
Tynemouth Software: pet microSD - Commodore Pet SD card disk drive

|   |
|   | |   |   |   |   |   |
| Tynemouth Software: pet microSD - Commodore Pet SD ca...The pet microSD is
now available to buy. This is a disk drive replacement for Commodore Pet range
of computers, the 2001, 3000, 4000 and 8000 series. |
| |
| View on blog.tynemouthsoftwa... | Preview by Yahoo |
| |
|   |

A bunch of us have been collaborating with Dave from Tynemouth Software. As you
may know there was the PETDISK solution which I mentioned on this list a while
back and there was also PETSD. Both of these have been unavailable recently
(although they are still being worked on). Dave wanted to build his own PETDISK
but a few of us suggested he build a new PETSD. Dave's idea was to make
something simple and inexpensive like the PETDISK but with the capabilities of
the PETSD and so he has come up with a new device he calls PET microSD. What's
really nice about the PET microSD is that Dave has created various options that
let it be connected on the back or inside depending on your PET model. It is
also a full drive implementation. Everything is explained on his page.
I have one on order and will do a mini-review when it arrives.
Steve