[torontocbm] Re: Fwd: Re: uIEC/SD card

  • From: Tom Luff <tomluff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Brain <brain@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 06:40:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mayfly,

I am Tom Luff with the Toronto PET Users Group, next Thursday, Dec. 15 we will
be having our monthly Commodore meeting. If you could bring your uIEC, C64
keyboard and power supply as well as any drives, (and their external power
supplies) and serial cables you were using when the failure happened, we will
supply a monitor. There will be a few of us there who will be able to help you
out. And better advise Jim as to what is going on. I just purchased a uIEC at
the WOC and I will bring it in as well.

Please check in with me and/or Leil Bloomquist when you arrive.
For more information as to where the meeting is held please visit
http://www.tpug.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=55 ;.

If you would like to talk with me before hand call me at 416-931-7799 after 7
pm weeknights or any time Saturdays or Sundays.

Tom Luff
BoD for TPUG

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:20:56 -0500
From: <mayfly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RETRO Innovations <go4retro@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Unfortunately no, I don't have
any cartridges. It is a new-style C64. I'm located in Toronto in the west end
in the St.Clair & Bathurst area. RETRO Innovations wrote:
On 12/7/2011 6:15 PM, mayfly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Hi,
>>The light on the C64 is is on yes and the red light on the uIEC/SD is on as
>>well?
>>OK, there is definitely something wrong.  Do you have a old game cartridge
>>you can try?  Sometimes, games carts will allow the machine to boot.  if so,
>>we can rule out some components.
>
>Is this a breadbox 64 or new-style?  Where are you located?
>
>I might just try to get you another unit from Toronto, instead of trying to
>repair that unit.
>
>jim
>

>>Thanks
>>Jim
>>

>>RETRO Innovations wrote:
>>On 12/5/2011 9:19 PM, mayfly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>Hi,

>>>I've never heard of the uIEC damaging a machine.
>>>
>>>Jim
>>>

>--
RETRO Innovations, Contemporary Gear for Classic Systems www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com