[torontocbm] Fwd: Jim Butterfield

  • From: Tom Luff <tomluff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rob Adlers <rob.adlers@xxxxxxxxxx>, BoD <directors@xxxxxxx>, Doris Bradley <doris.bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Brain <brain@xxxxxxxxxx>, John Buller <jbbuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Commodore World <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxx, Ian Daffern <iandaffern@xxxxxxxxx>, Steve Dotto <dotto-sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lyman Duggan <lyman@xxxxxxxxx>, Craig Earnster <faries@xxxxxxxxx>, Jeri Ellsworth <c1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeri Ellsworth <cm_easy@xxxxxxxxx>, Tom Haslehurst <tomhas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff ledger <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Lyons <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Micheal MacMillian <mmacmillan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Greg Nacu <gregnacu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Maurice Randell <maurice@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Ross <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K DALE SIDEBOTTOM <luckykds@xxxxxxxxx>, Toronto CBM List <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Al Weinstein <weinsteins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 02:51:51 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry this was not sent earlier. I do not check my e-mail every day.

  Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 16:00:11 -0400
Subject: Jim Butterfield

  Tom - below is additional info on Jim - please pass on to mailing list. This
is genuine so no need to qualify it as before - its from a friend of the
Butterfield family.

  > For tributes there is an existing Discussion Forum containing a Board on
> the Naval Club web site which offers a place for people to reflect on
> "Remembering those who have 'Crossed The Bar'". I have already posted the
> news of his illness and passing there.
>
> Registration is mandatory (it is done manually nowadays because of the
> flood of SPAMmers), but I am the owner, webmaster and administrator of the
> web site, so that aspect is not a problem...
> http://www.candoo.com/ncot/discussion/viewforum.php
>

> - the manual registration approvals will take no
> more than 24 hours.
>
> The Wikipedia web page is here...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Butterfield/
>
> and that web page has links to a page apparently created by Jim himself on
> his Pathcom web presence...
> http://www.pathcom.com/~fjb/Personal%20Computers.html
>

> I am very interested in knowing when the Obituary will run, and in what
> newspapers.
  >
> And of course I'd like to know when there will be any memorial service or
> function

  I tried connecting to the forum but it seems you have to register before you
can read and I didn't want to do so at this time from this computer.