[torontocbm] Re: C=USA C64X - is it a C64?

  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:04:05 -0400

On Jul 4, 2011, at 11:13 , George Couch wrote:

Yes, other than the computer case, it's just a regular PC. When I first heard about it, I thought they were actually going to include some special C64 functionality built right into the computer.

I'm really not too savy on PCs, but what PC out there exists (and by "PC" I mean "personal computer", so Windows, Mac, Linux, BeBox, whatever) in the C64x form factor:

- Built in keyboard
- Built in motherboard
- Built in media drive ( card reader, DVD, BluRay, CD, etc.)
- Built in ports

I mean, other than the C65 and I believe the Amiga's, there hasn't been a computer with a "just add monitor" form factor, has there? Personally, I found this the most interesting part of the C64x.