[torontocbm] Anyone want an old laptop for free?

  • From: "Golan Klinger" <gklinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Toronto CBM List" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:15:42 -0400

I've been doing a little house cleaning and I came across an old
laptop. It's dated but if anyone wants/needs it, send me email and
it's yours, free of charge. The specs are as follows:

Compaq Contura 410C
486DX2 @ 50MHz
8MB RAM
255MB hard disk
9.5" dual-scan passive matrix VGA LCD
3.5" floppy drive
serial/parallel port
PCMCIA slots (two type II or one type III)

I have a 56k modem/ethernet card (PCMCIA) and an external CD-R/W
burner with a PCMCIA adaptor around here somewhere and if I can find
them, you can have them too. DOS and Windows 3.11 is currently
installed and I have an original copy of Windows 95 (on CD) that works
just fine on this machine and you're welcome to it. Getting it
installed will be a Herculean task but I'll leave that as an exercise
for the new owner. The hard disk is anemic but a 2GB replacement drive
will run you about $10 at a surplus shop and since it has a parallel
port it could be used for 64HDD.

--
Golan Klinger <gklinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.