[toodle] Re: update 601 feedback

  • From: "MARIO EILAND" <meiland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <toodle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:20:32 -0500

HI Barb,

Yes you're correct regarding having the tone on the previous versions.
We changed it for the reason that if the tiles are announce by the
speech engine that we would not play the sound tone and rather have the
speech announce their eligibility.  This is because when the fourth tier
was uncovered and there were no recorded files, the toanes sounded
without any pause between the announcement of each new exposed tile.  We
decided this would be somewhat confusing.

Lastly, , if you are using the Christmas tile set, what you hear is the
speech engine read the names of the tiles and not any recorded audio
files.  This set of tiles was created for test purposes and no audio
files were included.

>>> ka4uiv@xxxxxxxx 03/07/06 12:12PM >>>
i'm not sure what u mean by no recorded files for each tile because i
do
hear the tile name spoken after it says eligible. and yes, i do notice
that
the tone remains in the other sets however i mispoke because the tone
sounds
first then the name of the tile. it still takes less time though to
hear the
tone versus hearing eligible. I am fairly certain that in previous beta

versions christmas also had the tone. Thanks again.

barb mattson