[tokyoprogressive] TOKYOPROGRESSIVE NEWSLETTER Dec 20 2006

  • From: tokyoprogressive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tokyoprogressive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:39:19 -0500

TOKYOPROGRESSIVE NEWSLETTER (non html version)
Dec 20 2006

(JAPANESE USES UFT-8 ENCODING)

See bottom for subscribe and unsubscribe info,
or contact paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All links from the top page:

http://tokyoprogressive.org

NEW SEARCH ENGINE ON TOP PAGE:
WORLD PROGRESSIVE SEARCH

______/______/______/______/

WORLD NEWS:
http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/dec2006.html#w

Snapshots from School
The Sober Racism of Mel Gibson's Apocalypto

Zunes:Falling In Line On Israel

Anti-Semitism Label Confines Open Debate (Atlanta Journal)

John Berger and 93 other authors, film-makers, musicians and performers call for a cultural boycott of Israel
Press Release, PACBI, 15 December 2006

The New York Times Marginalizes Palestinian Women and Palestinian Rights

Israel's Large-Scale Killing of Palestinians Passes Unreported

ISRAEL: Woman CO Hadas Amit sentenced to 14 days imprisonment

Palestine on the brink of civil war?

Ellen Jane Willis:  Radical Feminist

Post-9/11 Fiction: Exiles in America by Christopher Bram

Misogyny Marketing

http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/dec2006.html#w

                              -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -

JAPAN AND ASIA IN ENGLISH
http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/dec2006.html#je

The Case for Japanese Constitutional Revision Assessed

Becoming an Ugly and Dangerous Nation!
The Deterioration of Japan’s Fundamental Law of Education

HIV Information from the JAPAN AIDS PREVENTION AWARENESS NETWORK

Education ministry seeks to indoctrinate children in patriotism with Kimigayo

Toward Japanese Nuclear Armament

Foreign Workers in Japan: Work to improve working conditions in solidarity with others NAMBU/NUGW

http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/dec2006.html#je

                              -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -

NEWS IN JAPANESE
http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/dec2006.html#j

イベント情報 : 第59回公開研究会「活断層は変動地形からわかる!?録命

KEMPO 9-JO: Protecting Article 9
憲法9条。知ってるヒトも、知らないヒトも。
「マガジン9条」毎週水曜日更新!

High Court Judgment due
on NHK censorship suit by VAWW
NHK裁判高裁審理判決

http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/dec2006.html#j

                              -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -

LINKS
http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/tpweblinks.html#News_and_opinion_in_Japan_E_and_J_
News and opinion in Japan

Media issues in Japan

Media issues (general)

Video

News-related debates

Click a banner for our recommendations
such as マガジン9 /Magazine 9j,
Days Japan, Democracy Now, など

World news (When CNN is not enough)

CREATIVE-
EDUCATION
創作& 教育
http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/#ccaae
Poems and Songs by Paul Arenson

NEW
SOUNDCLICK
MP3 page
(text and music)

Or listen to any of the following songs with lyrics:

3 books on social issues for langauge teachers

Gender Awareness in Langauge Education

Women Educators and langauge Learners

More links on radical education
Alfie Kohn, Radical Psych, Wise Hat,
Illich, Freire, Goodman, Rethinking Schools,
Radical Teaching, Zinn

Not exactly art or education, Chibi was originally the reason I decided to create a web site. Chibi would probably have liked AJ, a radical, non-violent activist cat from NY.
http://www.tokyoprogressive.org/%7Etpgn/chibi/chibi2.html

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for by copyright law in several countries. The material on this site is distributed without profit to make available it research and educational purposes.

Copyleft 1997-2007
tokyoprogressive dot org
All opinons are those of the original authors

____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/
     TokyoProgressive has been hosted on freelists.org for many years. In 2006
we added a
substantial number of subscribers after we helped publicize an anti-war
petition addressed to
President Bush by the Iraq Hope Network. To balance costs, some subscribers
receive their mail from
this list and some from our list hosted on Intellicontact.

Contact paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have any questions or any difficulty
subscribing or
unsubscribing.

To subscribe or unsubscribe from the freelists.org version, please go here:
//www.freelists.org/
list/tokyoprogressive