[tokyoprogressive] CPN#128 Death Penalty, Yasukuni Shrine Issue,East Timor Symposium, Colombia, More Bush Horrors, Globalization, Mid East...

  • From: tokyoprogressive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tokyoprogressive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 00:35:30 +0900

        ____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/
                   TokyoProgressive's ChocoPaul News
                      http://tokyoprogressive.org

                               Issue 128  May 8, 2002

          Death Penalty, Yasukuni Shrine Issue,
       East Timor Symposium, Colombia, More Bush Horrors,
      Racism in the UK, Israel and Palestine, Globilization Lies,
         Nike Lies, Paul's Radio Show on his hospital stay....

             ____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/____/

Apologies to my friends.  recovering from serious anemia and
going back to work full time means I may be slow to answer.
I am happy to hear from you, but I also must guard against too much
stress.

First, the long awaited (??) radio version of my hospital story.

LISTEN HERE (for the next week or so---2 to 3 times a day):
http://www.rinku.zaq.ne.jp/bkaec205/index.html

OR LISTEN TO ALL BACK SHOWS HERE:
http://radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=4235

TOKYO GREEN FORUM COMING SOON:
http://www.rinku.zaq.ne.jp/bkaec205/index.html

READ LAST WEEK'S STORY HERE:
//www.freelists.org/archives/tokyoprogressive/04-2002/fullthread3.html

And now, news and links from my site and elsewhere:

East Timor Symposium at Soohia University in Japanese  May  25
JAPANESE:
シンポジウム
東ティモール:国連統治から独立へ
−東ティモールの人々とともに日本の国際協力を考える−

http://www.arenson.org/2002_05_05_tokyoprog_archive.html#85070311
My students will be discussing these issues soon.
MAny links in English and Japanese. Please have a look:

DEATH PENALTY and YASUKUNI SHRINE:
(Also, Shunkan Kinyoubi and Japan Press Service)

Incluses NHK Censorship, Essays by Paul on Japanese democracy,
Japanese history and denial, several essays  by Doshisha University.
professor Watanabe, such as this in Japanese, and more....
メディアの中の歴史修正主義ーーナチ〈ガス室〉否定と
NHK『視点・論点』ユダヤ人論のケース・スタディ』
同志社大学人文学会『評論・社会科学』五九号、一九九九年三月刊

http://www.arenson.org/2002_05_05_tokyoprog_archive.html#85069552

Alternative Media Stories

COLUMBIA TRIBE TOPPLES MIGHTY OIL GIANT
BUSH "UNSIGNS" WAR CRIMES TREATY

also...

Hopi and Navajo People tell Peabody Energy to Stop
Shock Waves Among Britain's Anti-Racist Groups And Minorities
The Role of the United Nations in Implementing Durban Affirmations
More...

http://www.arenson.org/2002_05_05_tokyoprog_archive.html#85069536

Israel and Palestine

No. Not all Jews support the Israeli military.  Here are some views
you rarely find in the mainstream:

Comments by

JEFF HALPER, Coordinator of the Israeli Committee Against House
Demolitions; GEORGINA REEVES, British, has been living in the Bethlehem area
for seven  months and is working with the International Solidarity
Movement, a group  of people who are trying to protect Palestinians;
ADAM SHAPIRO, a member of the International Solidarity Movement, Shapiro
is currently in  California. He said today: "Israel clearly sees the
International  Solidarity Movement as a threat. We are helping get the
word out about  their policies and help to provide Palestinians with
material relief, since  Israelis cannot treat us as badly as they treat
Palestinians." Shapiro was  in Arafat's headquarters as it was under
siege by Israeli troops.

Radio/Text
Israel Blocks UN Team From Investigating
Jenin Refugee Camp Human Rights Violations

http://www.arenson.org/2002_05_05_tokyoprog_archive.html#85069523
GLOBALIZATION NEWS

ITEM ONE: Chomsky on World Bank lies
ITEM TWO: Nike lies

Also, Chomsky on World bank and Japanese Chomsly link

And

Nike Sued for Greenwash

Nike Wages

Clean Clothes Campaign

United Students Against Sweatshops

Boycott Nike Site (Vietnam)

Nike Can't Just Say It, Court Rules

http://www.arenson.org/2002_05_05_tokyoprog_archive.html#85069510

      Important Information about this list

      ---------Website---------
      http://tokyoprogressive.org
      http://arenson.org

      See the main page for mirror site listing

      //www.freelists.org/archives/tokyoprogressive/

      //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=1627

      Send: tokyoprogressive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Archives