[tn-moths] Re: [ncsc-moths] Which papaipema, tolype ... need ID help

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:16:00 -0400

Jean,

your first is Papaipema cerussata, the ironweed borer moth, which is quite
common of late here in the mountains.  Glad you got the Large Tolype, one of
my favorite moths.  I'm still seeing them in Watauga County, NC and found
one last weekend in eastern NC at 200 ft elevation.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm