[tn-moths] Re: Updated State Moth List

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:27:45 -0400

Thank you, Doug.  Wonderful job.
Jean
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Douglas Downs
  To: Tn-Moths
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:51 PM
  Subject: [tn-moths] Updated State Moth List

  Attached is the updated Moth List for Tennessee, prepared in Excel
spreadsheet format.  I have not posted this list since September, 2010.  In the
interim, we have managed to add 85 new species to the list, bringing our state
species total to 1642.  We must understand, of course, that this total assumes
proper identifications have been made in all cases.  Since there is no way
every identification can be definitively confirmed, we should assume that this
list is simply a guideline and not the final word.  If surrounding states are
any indication, we still have room for as many as 750-1,000 additional species!

  All that being said, everyone should be commended for finally getting
together and taking Tennessee mothing to a new level.  Let's give ourselves a
good old Volunteer pat on the back!  Special note - All species added since my
last posting of this list are printed in red.  This will aid everyone in noting
the newest additions.

  I will continue to keep this list current . . . unless someone out there has
a burning desire to take it over.

  Thanks to all,

  Doug Downs
  Sparta, White County, TN