[tn-moths] Updated State List

  • From: Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:00:31 -0500

It is most enjoyable to watch the growing interest of Tennesseans in
documenting the moths of our state.  I also know how much we all appreciate the
willingness of some of our out-of-state friends to help us identify what can
often be very challenging moths.  Attached you will find the latest update to
the Tennessee State Moth List.  In the two months since the last update, we
have added 90 new species to the list and have pushed the total species listed
to 1528.  Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to photograph and document
moths so far this year.  Hope this ever-growing list is of some use to all.

Here's hoping you find a good moth tonight!

Douglas Downs
Sparta, White County, TN