[tn-moths] Re: The 300

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:07:41 -0400

Except for some day-fliers, I have gotten all these with one black light on a
white towel on the porch, along with two yellowish porch lights.
It probably helps that this porch is within 100 yards of pasture, pond, creek,
forest, shrubs, lawn, fruit and nut trees, vineyard, wildflowers, etc.  In
other words, I live in the boonies.  LOL

Next year I want to set up a portable light so I can go mothing in the mountain
elevations of Cocke Co.  Then maybe I'll see some of the beauties that Merrill
has.

Jean Obrist
Cocke Co, TN