[tn-moths] Re: State Moth Lists Available

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:59:54 -0400

Doug, thank you!

Beautiful job.  I know how long this takes.  I really appreciate the wingspan
info; that is a big help to us newbies.

Thanks for corrections.  I copied the info from various sources, some more
accurate than others; I already fixed many errors.  Among these sources were:
BAMONA, MS Entomological Society, Bug Guide, USGS, All Leps, Great Smoky
Mountains National Park moth survey (the earlier dated one that didn't include
NC), and list submitters.

I am presently working on the noctuidae section according to the new
guidelines.  That's a project!  Many species have been moved, sometimes to a
new family, or even superfamily.  Many have been renamed at the genus level.

Jean