[tn-moths] Re: Sightings

  • From: klight10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:04:45 +0000 (UTC)

Sounds like a pretty pitiful bunch of moths, maybe they should start a "support
group"! :) (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Larry McDaniel and I had fun setting up our sheets and lights at the Roan Mtn.
SP Fall Naturalist Rally this past weekend. Between the cool weather and Sat.
night's violent storm, we didn't get as many moths as we'd hoped. We did see
some other interesting critters though. It was great to have Kenn Kaufmann, of
the Kaufmann Nature Guides fame, photographing with us (he was the Friday night
speaker)! The planthopper with the mites was a big hit with everyone! I found
the moth eggs on the outside wall of our cabin at the park. Larry and I will
send our list of Carter Co. moths to Jean soon.

Kris Light

Oak Ridge