[tn-moths] Re: Arcigera Flower Moth and Tufted Bird-Dropping Moth (both 2009) added to Moth Gallery

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:16:08 -0500

Michael,

I've been enjoying your "Moth Gallery" posts. Very informative and excellent
photos.

Thanks,

Larry McDaniel

Johnson City, TN

From: mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tn-moths] Re: Arcigera Flower Moth and Tufted Bird-Dropping Moth
(both 2009) added to Moth Gallery
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:12:56 -0600

The Arcigera Flower Moth (Hodges # 11128),
http://mlbierly.smugmug.com/Moths/Arcigera-Flower-Moth/11384049_FuHve#799926917_bVKzN,
 and the Tufted Bird-Dropping Moth (Hodges #9062),
http://mlbierly.smugmug.com/Moths/Tufted-Bird-Dropping-Moth/11389063_JU4Mu#800334121_va3p7,
 have been added to the Moth Gallery. To access other moth pages from any moth
page, click on Moths on the top left bar, which goes to the gallery for the
Moths. Then click on the moth species you want to see.

The Arcigera Flower Moth was not independently verified. Positive or negative
comments are solicited.

The Tufted Bird-Dropping Moth was verified by Jason D. Roberts. The question is
the correct spelling. Bug Guide spells it Tufted Bird Dropping Moth, but notes
spelling with hyphen, but does not give complete example. Another source spell
it Tufted Bird-dropping Moth. And Tufted Bird-Dropping Moth (the way it is now
listed) from another source. I do not know the source for the official list of
names/spelling for moths. That would be appreciated, as well as the precise
spelling of this species.

Michael Lee Bierly, Nashville, Davidson County, Nashville, TN.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/