[tn-dragonflies] a few Nov. odes

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 21:41:40 -0500

11/10/2014
Davidson  Co. TN

Taking  advantage of the 70-degree November day I made a quick check of a
couple of  sites to see if anything was still flying. First stop Mill Creek
Greenway. With a chilly  wade in the creek to a sunny patch of water willow,
I found several  American Rubyspots busy (in a  hurry?) mating and competing
for mates.

At  a Percy Priest lake backwater the floating vegetation that was there 2
weeks ago  had disappeared, evidently killed by the light frosts since then.
But I found a  few odes in an open wet area next to the lake: Fragile
Forktail, Citrine  Forktail females busy egg-laying, and one male Big Bluet.

I  won't expect much to survive the colder weather due here later in the
week, if  anything maybe some of the meadowhawks.

Richard Connors
Nashville