[tn-dragonflies] Today's wanderings

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-dragonflies <tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:37:23 -0700 (PDT)

Today I visited an area that had good numbers of Northern and Southern
Pearly-eyes and App. Browns last year. It also had huge numbers of Satyrs. I
only had about 45 minutes to check the area and found very few butterflies.
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail 1
Little Wood-Satyr 2
Creole? Pearly-eye 1

Other interesting things seen:
Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly 30
Stream Cruiser Dragonfly2
Fawn 1

A couple of hours later I spent about 15 minutes in another area that also had
good numbers of Pearly-eyes and Browns last year. I didn't see a single
butterfly but there were tons of Dragonflies with most being Great Blue
Skimmers so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com