[tn-dragonflies] Lewis County - Southern Sprite, Golden-winged Skimmer and others

  • From: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:14:52 -0400

While in Lewis and Perry Counties, Tennessee on June 5, 2012 I saw the
following odonata (habitats: small ponds; seep; limestone bedrock stream):

1. Ebony Jewelwing
2. Southern Spreadwing- Perry County record if accepted
3. Variable Dancer
4. Powdered Dancer
5. Azure Bluet
6. Citrine Forktail- Perry County record if accepted
7. Fragile Forktail
8. Southern Sprite (Nehalennia integricollis)- Perry County record if accepted;
According to OdonataCentral there is only one other record of this species for
TN- David Trently, July 12, 2009, Campbell County; According to David there is
a previous record to his that is not in Odonatacentral, so my record would be
the third such record for the state and the first for west TN
9. Gray Petaltail
10. Darner species
11. Dragonhunter
12. Eastern Least Clubtail
13. Calico Pennant
14. Spangled Skimmer
15. Golden-Winged Skimmer- Perry County record if accepted; According to
OdonataCentral there are three records for this species in TN; this would be
the first west TN record
16. Common Whitetail
17. Acuminate Snaketail (Ophiogomphus acuminatus)- Species is assumed; there is
a record for this species in Lewis County; identification not possible from
photo

Allan Trently
ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jackson, Madison County, TN