[tn-dragonflies] Re: Gliders

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

Over the last few days I have noticed good numbers of gliders, mostly at
Ellington Ag. Cntr., where my only outings lately have been early or late
dog walks. But all of these appeared to be Spot-winged Gliders, and I'm just
seeing dozens and not thousands.

Richard Connors
Nashville

In a message dated 7/8/2012 12:21:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The yearly migration of  Wandering Gliders through my farm has just
happened. A week or so ago they  started showing up with the biggest numbers
showing yesterday morning. I  estimate there were several thousand which is the
most I've seen here. This  morning there were very few so it may be over.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester  County

_http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths_