[TN-Butterflies] Re: skipper ID help needed

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 05:30:49 -0700 (PDT)

This is what I was originally thinking. The purple sheen = Little Glassywing
but
there isn't white noticeable at the base of the antennal clubs. Gold head = Dun
but the strong markings and the purple sheen don't seem to fit, even for a
female.

So far I have 2 votes for Little Glassywing and 3 for Dun (extremely fresh
female). One of the replies gave some great detailed info and a link (see
below)
which has me going with Dun.
http://butterfliesofamerica.com/euphyes_vestris_metacomet_specimens2.htm

Ken Childs