[TN-Butterflies] results of doug bruce's latest access of bamona website

  • From: "Stephen Stedman" <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:02:02 -0600

Hello to all,

Doug Bruce has been systematically "scraping" the BAMONA website for
information about Tennessee butterflies for some time; the results of
his latest scrape may be viewed at this page of my website:

http://iweb.tntech.edu/sstedman/BAMONAScrape18Nov11.htm

Across the top of the table you may see the latest BAMONA species totals
for butterflies in Tennessee's 95 counties; and across the left margin
after the species names you may see the number of Tennessee counties in
which each species has been documented at BAMONA.

I doubt that too many new county records will be submitted to BMAONA
between now and the end of the year, so the average number of butterfly
species found in Tennessee's 95 counties is 51.76, quite an improvement
over the average of about 11.00 five years ago.

Good 'flyin', Steve Stedman

Cookeville (Putnam County)