[TN-Butterflies] possible new record for Loudon County

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

Below are links to photos of the upper and lower wings of a skipper found
8/29/09 in Loudon County. I believe it is a Wild Indigo Duskywing. Since the
information in Glassberg's "Butterflies through Binoculars, The East" leaves me
always confused about duskywings, I hope that others here can review the photos
and decide for certain which species this is.
Thank you!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/avian_pursuits/3878560318/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/avian_pursuits/3878560212/

 David Trently