[TN-Butterflies] Re: moth-ers unite in tn

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 10:27:07 -0700 (PDT)

The number of moth species listed for TN will definitely grow at a fast rate. I
have about 60 species I haven't submitted yet for Chester and several other
counties and if past experience is any indicator, a large percentage of those
will be firsts for the state.

From a lepidopterist's point of view, submitting records for moths is no less
important than submitting records for butterflies so take photos of moths
whenever the opportunity presents itself. It's not a problem if you can't ID
the bug yourself. ID what you can and let the experts help with any others.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com