[TN-Butterflies] lilacs and tiger swallowtail

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 07:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

It's dumping rain right now but 20 minutes ago I was outside working and there
were 17 Eastern Tigers feeding on my lilacs, all yellow forms. I mention the
color because later in day, at least when the sun is shining, the percentage
will be about 60% yellow and 40% blacks. This has been happening ever since the
lilacs started blooming which was about 2 weeks ago.

Another odd thing is that yesterday I was driving around late morning and early
afternoon and I saw many ETSW's but not a single black one flying about.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com