[TN-Butterflies] home 'flies at city lake, putnam co., tn, 11 sep 10

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 07:41:54 -0500

I found a couple of butterflies in the yard last Saturday that were new for the yearly yard list; here's the daily list as generated by the NOBA BIS program and somewhat edited. Note: the BIS program has been slightly upgraded in appearance lately, but I do not see that much has really changed; let me know if you find otherwise.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville (Putnam County)

Date: 09/11/2010
Number of Species: 22
Number of Individuals: 37
Location: City Lake, Putnam Co., TN

Wild Indigo Duskywing Erynnis baptisiae Adult 1 (new for year list in yard)
Sachem Atalopedes campestris Adult 2

Pipevine Swallowtail Battus philenor Adult 1
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Papilio glaucus Adult 1
Spicebush Swallowtail Papilio troilus Adult 1
Cloudless Sulphur Phoebis sennae Adult 3
Little Yellow Pyrisitia lisa Adult 1
Gray Hairstreak Strymon melinus Adult 1
Eastern Tailed-Blue Cupido comyntas Adult 1
Monarch Danaus plexippus Caterpillar 1
Gulf Fritillary Agraulis vanillae Adult 1
Variegated Fritillary Euptoieta claudia Adult 2
Great Spangled Fritillary Speyeria cybele Adult 1
Pearl Crescent Phyciodes tharos Adult 8
Common Buckeye Junonia coenia Adult 3
Question Mark Polygonia interrogationis Adult 1
Eastern Comma Polygonia comma Adult 1
American Lady Vanessa virginiensis Adult 1
Red-spotted Purple Limenitis arthemis astyanax Adult 2
Tawny Emperor Asterocampa clyton Adult 1
Southern Pearly-eye Enodia portlandia Adult 1 (new for year list in yard)
Carolina Satyr Hermeuptychia sosybius Adult 2

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.