[TN-Butterflies] big and Little yellow butterflies, revisited

  • From: Don Holt <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:33:39 -0400 (EDT)

I just saw on the archives that this report I sent didn't get through, so here
it is for the record:

SUN 29 APR 2012
Greenbriar Cove, Great Smoky Mtns. Natl. Park, Sevier Co, TN
D. Holt

Lots of butterflies, especially in the stream floodplain flats. A good spot was
the Greenbriar Picnic area where I got good looks at the Little Yellows (at
least 2) and puddling Appy Tiger Swallowtails. Pipevine and Tiger Swallowtails
and Red Admirals were abundant, and anglewings were common.

Pipevine Swallowtail
Appalachian Tiger Swallowtail
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Spicebush Swallowtail