[TN-Butterflies] Weekend Butterflies - Hamilton County

  • From: David Spicer <birdsnbflys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:38:58 -0400

Yesterday I had the following:

   - Zebra Swallowtail
   - Spicebush Swallowtail
   - Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
   - Orange Sulphur
   - Sleepy Orange
   - Eastern Tailed-blue
   - Common Buckeye - FOY for me, possibly for the county
   - Gemmed Satyr - finally got a picture
   - Silver-spotted Skipper
   - Common Sootywing - FOY
   - Pepper and Salt Skipper - possible FOY

This afternoon Scott and I walked around Enterprise South Nature Park and in
addition to seven Yucca Giant-Skippers we had the following:

   - Pearl Crescent
   - Question Mark
   - Goatweed Leafwing
   - Carolina Saytr - FOY
   - Zabulon Skipper - FOY
   - Henry's Elfin - FOY
   - American Lady
   - Northern Cloudywing - FOY
   - Red-spotted Purple
   - Spicebush Swallowtail
   - Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
   - Orange Sulphur
   - Polyphemus Moth

We also saw at three different locations a snake, probably a Black Racer or
something similar.

Once I have a chance to work through my pictures I'll start a gallery on
PBase for Enterprise South Nature Park.

David Spicer
Ooltewah, Hamilton County