[TN-Butterflies] Weakley County Butterflies

  • From: Allan Trently <ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:42:18 -0400

Weakley County now has records! I was at Big Cypress Tree State Park in Weakley
County today, May 19, 2009. I believe I'm the first to report from this county
so all would be FOY. The following is a list of butterflies seen:

1. Silver-spotted skipper- photo

2. Sachem- photo

3. Zabulon skipper- photo

4. Zebra swallowtail

5. Eastern tiger swallowtail- photo; seen outside the park

6. Cloudless sulphur

7. Azure species

8. American snout- photo

9. Silvery checkerspot- photo

10. Question mark

11. Red admiral

12. Hackberry emperor- photo; seen outside the park

Some of these may not be accepted as records due to the quality of the photos.

Also saw a small-mouthed salamander.

Allan Trently ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx

Jackson, Madison County, TN