[TN-Butterflies] Re: Roadside-Skipper?

  • From: "David Spicer" <dspicer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TN Butterflies'" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:45:10 -0400

Ken,

This looks a lot like one I saw this last weekend in Prentice Cooper State
Forest (Marion County). I puzzled over my pictures of it and consulted all
three guides that I have and finally settled on Lace-winged
Roadside-Skipper. I had several picture of the upper side that helped.
Neither yours or mine is as strongly marked as most of what's in the guides.

Dave Spicer
Ooltewah, Hamilton County