[TN-Butterflies] Possible FOY for Hamilton County

  • From: "David Spicer" <dspicer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Butterflies" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:26:08 -0400

I spent some time at Enterprise South Nature Park this afternoon, it was a
nice afternoon but quite windy. Despite the wind there were a number of
butterflies out.

Falcate Orangetip

Clouded Sulphur

Mourning Cloak

Azure sp.

Duskywing sp. - The one I got a good look at appears to be a Horace's, both
in the field and looking at pictures afterward I didn't see any spots on the
underside of the hind wing. This is probably a FOY for the county. I saw
several others but could never get a look at the underside of the wings.

Goatweed Leafwing. - This would have been FOY and BAMONA for the county
except that Jack Gentle found several at Amnicola Marsh on March 17.

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

David Spicer
Ooltewah, Hamilton County