[TN-Butterflies] Re: New species of Giant Swallowtail???

  • From: Robert Ford <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "<tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:36:00 -0600

Thanks Bart - I'm interested anytime you see a paper like this.  Merry
Christmas!

On Dec 23, 2014, at 11:25 PM, Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 For those interested, a new scientific paper (paste link below into
browser) just came out that proposes that most of the "Giant Swallowtails"
from central TX and west are a separate species with a suggested name of
Southwestern Giant Swallowtail, Heraclides(Papilio) rumiko.  I'm going to
look back at my photos from the Lower Rio Grande Valley, as all specimens
looked at from there were Southwestern.

Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby Co.

http://zookeys.pensoft.net/articles.php?id=4409