[TN-Butterflies] Nashville Area NABA Fall Butterfly Count

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:59:44 -0500

Folks,

Just a reminder that the final Nashville area NABA Butterfly Count
will be this coming Monday, Sept. 13, from 10-4.  We need people to
count at Warner Park, Radnor Lake, Bison Meadow, Grassland Park,
Ellington Agricultural Center, Cheekwood (lots of things blooming
there including Chihully!), Pinkerton Park and Owl's Hill.   Counters
do not have to count for the entire time; any help is welcome.  In
fact, if you live within the count circle, you can send in butterflies
counted in your yard/neighborhood.

If you are available to help, please contact me at owlshill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 or 615-370-4672.  Tell me when and where you are able to count; I
will coordinate counting groups (called parties!)  and send out
necessary information about where to send results.

There is a $3 fee for participating; the money goes to the national
office to cover the compilation and printing of count results.  Checks
should be made out to NABA Middle Tennessee because we have to send
one check for the whole count.  Our treasurer will deposit our
individual checks and send a single one to "headquarters."

Hoping you can join us this year,

Nancy Garden
Secretary
NABA Middle Tennessee