[TN-Butterflies] Monarchs are on the move

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:45:43 -0700 (PDT)

It's cool and overcast but that's not stopping the Monarchs from loading up for
their migration. I went to the library in Henderson today and at 1:30 when I
was heading inside, there were 5 feeding on the purple Asters out front. When I
came out about 1 hour later, there were 12. When I got home, I found 1 feeding
on some Marigolds, 6 on one of my Lantanas and 2 on the other and they're still
out there right now. This is by far the most I've seen here at one time. Since
it is cool and they are a bit slow, I'm getting some good shots. I hope they
come out as good as I think they will!

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.