[TN-Butterflies] Re: ID Help requested - Possible Confused Sloudywing

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 18:43:25 -0700 (PDT)

I think I'd go with Southern for this one. Those markings are much stronger
than I've seen on any Confuseds. Also on a Confused, the bottom of the 3 spots
near the wing tip is usually offset outward.

Photos can wreak havoc with the antennal club spots and supposedly Southerns
don't always show that marking.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County