[TN-Butterflies] First of the year...sort of

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:17:37 -0800 (PST)

I just saw my first 'fly of the year but it was flying fast and furious so I
can't say for sure what it was. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a Question
Mark.

The real reason I'm posting it that I'm looking for advice. Where should I be
looking this time of year to have my best chances of finding a stationary 'fly?
There aren't any flowers and the species that are likely to be found right now
aren't big nectar feeders anyway. There's no rotting fruit and there's mud
everywhere. I'm not finding much in the way of anything else right now that
could be considered 'fly food.

The weather is going to be beautiful over much of the state this weekend so I'm
hoping we get lots of FOY reports.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
 tanya_jordan@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.