[TN-Butterflies] FOY Robertson Co BAMONA, Adopt-a-County

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:18:43 EDT

April 13, 2010

Tony Lance gave me a tour of Cedar Hill Swamp WMA in Robertson County. This
 is an area now locally famous for having a good population of red-headed
woodpeckers, and L. shrike on adjoining property, but I was interested in
this  as potential spot to check for butterflies in Robertson county, one of
our  under-surveyed counties.It's not a large area but it's one of the few
spots  I know of in that county for public access (Port Royal SHP is another).
I'm  planning another visit to the area on Sat. afternoon May 22, to lead a
Mid TN  NABA field trip, and others are welcome to join in. I'll post a
reminder later.
You could call it Adopt-a-County to work on in your area, I've noticed
several TN-Butterfliers seem to be doing that already.

All FOY for Robertson County

E. Tiger Swallowtail
Zebra Swallowtail
Falcate Orangetip
Juvenal's Duskywing BAMONA (poor photo, showing underside)
Gemmed Satyr BAMONA (photo)
E. Tailed-blue
sulphur sp.
anglewing sp.