[TN-Butterflies] Re: Confused Cloudywings

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:10:56 -0400 (EDT)

Upon a review of photos by Ken Childs, my Hickman county cloudywing turns
out to be a Northern and not a Confused. I apologize for the
misidentification.  You could say I was a little confused... one non-reliable
field mark
does not a  positive ID make: a dorsal hindwing  mark in the shape of line is
there, possible for Confused, but as Ken pointed out, this one has a dark
face, and therefore a Northern (see attached).
Thanks, Ken.

RHC

In a message dated 8/17/2014 7:06:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx writes:

I also had a Confused  Cloudywing this week, in Hickman Co on Wed., Aug. 13.

Richard Connors
Nashville