[TN-Butterflies] Re: Common Looper Moth

  • From: "Michael Lee Bierly" <mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tennessee Butterflies" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:10:44 -0500

My many thanks to Ken and Allan for solving my moth mystery. I have been
trying for days to get a good enough image to send to the group, but my
shoot and pray is just not quick enough though this moth does slow down now
and then when it has an especially good blossom to enjoy. It started several
weeks ago with one then a couple now dozens, even in a light drizzle,
usually identified as three or four different skippers before realizing that
it is that daytime moth. Mine are feeding all over the gardens, lantana
especially but everything is game. It's now the number one "'fly" in the
garden.

Michael Lee Bierly, Nashville, Davidson County, TN