[TN-Butterflies] Re: Cocke Co Bamona

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:14:39 -0500

Hi Jean,

The larger duskywing does give the impression of Horace's, but the underwing
shots are taken at angles that may not give a faithful view of the underwings,
especially the hindwing below, so I would not want to commit to an i.d. based
on these photos.

The smaller dwing appears to me to be Sleepy, based on the prominence of the
palps, which appear to mimic the size of the palps of the individual depicted
in the Kaufmann guide pretty well. I would welcome other thoughts on this one.

Steve Stedman