[TN-Butterflies] Re: Clarification A Pink Caterpillar and a Skipper

  • From: "kjchilds" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 03:38:06 +0000 (UTC)

That makes more sense. Heliothis virescens does look like a strong possibility.

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 01:05:05 +0000
From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] A Pink Caterpillar and a Skipper

Hello, I am going through photos from the other day (9-5-14), and skipped this
skipper because I can't identify it.  I went back to it because on the second
picture, I happened to notice the pink caterpillar.  The markings on the
caterpillar remind me of a cloudless sulpher cat, but of course, the color is
wrong.  Any ideas on the caterpillar?  An ID on the skipper would be great as
well!  (I'm guessing sachem.)  Picture was taken in our yard in Rutherford
County.  Plant is Ironweed - I forget which one (very tall ironweed!).
http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/image/157292275  Kristy
Bakerhttp://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/butterfliesRockvale, TNRutherford County