[TN-Butterflies] Cheatham Co 11/6

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:36:46 -0500 (EST)

Harpeth River SP, Cheatham Co. TN Nov. 6, 2011   sunny, breezy 68  degrees F

Sarah Scott and I walked the trail at Gossett Tract looking for birds and
butterflies and any remaining wildflowers. Most of the fields have been
mowed  for the year, and not much in bloom around the edge, although driving in
we saw  banks of blue asters in bloom on the bluff above Hwy. 70.

Cloudless Sulfur 2
Orange Sulfur  2
Sulfur sp. 4
Sleepy Orange 6
Checkered-White 1
Com. Buckeye 3
Pearl Crescent 1
Monarch 1
Checkered Skipper  8 (most nectaring on a few white clover  blossoms)

Richard Connors
Nashville