[TN-Butterflies] Re: Butterfly ID Request (Texas Bug)

  • From: Kristy L Baker <kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 09:06:03 -0500

Hi Bart - Thank you for the confirmation! Kristy

Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<!-- .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size:
12pt; font-family:Calibri } -->

Hi Kristy,
Yes, that is a Mimosa Skipper.  The main ID mark is the gray median and
postmedian bands on the hindwing.  Good call and a nice find!

Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby Co.

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 03:37:02 +0000
From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Butterfly ID Request (Texas Bug)

Hello,

We were in Texas last week, and I am trying to go through my photos.  Can
anyone tell me what this is?  I think it might be a Mimosa Skipper, but it
doesn't seem too look quite right.  It's the closest I could get it.  The
butterfly was seen on April 8th at Santa Ana NWR, Hidalgo County.

http://www.pbase.com/image/159754805

Thanks for your help!

Kristy Baker

Rutherford County