[TN-Butterflies] Re: Bummer

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:25:36 -0700 (PDT)

I've seen similar things here. A couple of years ago I was sneaking up on a
Sachem to try and get a close-up shot. If was perfectly perched on a Zinna and
let me get extremely close. After a few shots I realized something wasn't quite
right which is when I spotted the Crab Spider that was holding it.

These spiders are extremely successful at this sort of ambush hunting. After
the
encounter mentioned above, I watched this spider and saw that it caught 1 to 2
Sachems everyday for the next 10 days. Then is disappeared.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com