[TN-Butterflies] BAMONA and FOY for Claiborne County TN

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:50:58 -0400

Steve,

On 30 May 2010 I visited Cumberland Gap National Park.  I found these
specimens on the Cumberland Trail going down off Tri State Peal.  Numerous
other butterflies were seen, but they were either in Kentucky or Virginia.

The first attached photo,
BFLYEHAbandedhairstreakTriStatePeakCumbTrailClaiborneCoTN30May10HHowell01729
.jpg was made on the Cumberland Trail on Tri State Peak, Claiborne County,
TN, on 30 May 2010.  I have identified this photo as a Banded Hairstreak.
The photographer was Harold Howell.

The second attached photo,
BFLYIANeasterncommaTriStatePeakCumbTrClaiborneCoTN30May10HHowell01725.jpg
was made On the Cumberland Trail on Tri State Peak, Claiborne County, TN, on
30May 2010.  I have identified this photograph as an Eastern Comma.  The
photographer was Harold Howell.

The third attached photo,
BFLYJTOtawnyemperorTriStatePeakCumbTrClaiborneCoTN30May10HHowell01723.jpg
was made on the Cumberland Trail on Tri State Peak, Claiborne County, TN, on
30 May 2010.  I have identified this photograph as a Tawny Emperor.   The
photographer was Harold Howell.

These records are FOY only because no one else has reported on Claiborne
County.

Best regards,

Harold Howell
Loafer's Roost