[TN-Butterflies] Re: A great day of butterflying (and goofing off)

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>, "TN Butterflies" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:07:25 -0400

I believe your image 9858 is Catocala robinsonii., or another Catocala sp.
What a beautiful moth!

I think image 9847 is Catocala ilia.

Image 9838 may be Catocala nebulosa.  He's pretty worn.

Image 9830 may be Catocala obscura.  This one is a toughy.

This is a superb site for moth ID
http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/

Jean