[TN-Bird] Re: thoughts on Bill Pulliam's BBS data graphs of Wood Duck and Black-throated Green Warbler

  • From: "Boves, Than James" <tboves@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "littlezz@xxxxxxxxx" <littlezz@xxxxxxxxx>, TN-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:12:55 +0000

Interesting to think about these local patterns in comparison to range-wide
patterns. Are global patterns the same or different to TN changes? How many TN
changes represent range shifts vs. true declines/increases? For instance,
American Redstart has shown no change range-wide (1966 - 2008) vs. Bill found a
65% decline in TN. What do these differences mean?

I've attached a recent paper that summarizes rangewide BBS results from
1966-2010.

Than Boves
Knoxville, TN