[tn-bird] Yellow-throated Warbler

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:39:13 -0400 (EDT)

Got my first "migrant" warbler of the season.  A feisty
Yellow-throated Warbler was making a nuisance of himself
to the regular feeder birds.  He seemed to particularly
enjoy chasing a House Finch around... sic'im!  Maybe he's
an honorary hummingbird.

I say migrant because, though they do nest in Knox Co.,
not in my yard.

The funny part is that, as I was checking off birds on my
daily yard list this morning, I looked at the big blank
checkless spot around the warblers and wondered when we
might get some migrants in.  Then, as I walked out the
door into the garage to leave for work, I hesitated and
thought, maybe I should grab the binocs and take one last
look around... nah, I need to go.  Then I heard the fussy
calls of the warbler and realized I was going to have to

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN
kde@xxxxxxx