[TN-Bird] Yellow-billed Loon photos (GA) and brief trip to Hiwassee

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:15:25 -0600

TN-birders:

If anyone is interested, I've posted several shots of the Yellow-billed
Loon that has been in Georgia recently. These are in the "Rarities 4"
album at:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=330&groupID=116215&folder
view=thumbs&ck=

I believe this link should work, or has in the past. I made this 900+
mile trip yesterday, and on the way home stopped by the refuge at
Hiwassee, near Chattanooga,  to view the Sandhills. This is my 1st time
to this area, although I've always wanted to go there, and it was an
amazing experience. I do good to see Sandhills once or twice a year in
west TN, and some years don't see any. I've never seen over 50 Sandhills
at a time in my life, to be surrounded by thousands was a truly amazing
feeling. I'm sure most people reading this have made that journey
before, but to any who haven't, it is quite a spectacle. I've also added
a couple of photos of the Sandhills, in the same album at the
Yellow-billed Loon.

Good birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN